Wow. The response to our 30/30 challenge has been amazing. In about 12 hours we had 11 other bloggers say they would take the challenge with us.
When I am feeling tired and finding it hard to get out of the house I will know that others are facing the same struggle. When we are out walking we may physically be doing it alone but will know a bunch of our friends are with us in spirit.
I am going to post progress updates every Friday and a way to keep us on track and to share the things that come up for us as we complete the challenge. Some of the bloggers who are joining us have said they are going to do the same. Stop on by their blogs to show your support.
This is the list of who has committed to taking the challenge:
1) Nuurdy Girl – She recently wrote a great post comparing the FitBit and Fuelband fitness monitors. Either of them would be great tools to help keep track of progress during the 30/30 challenge.
2) Kol’s Notes – They post a “Tasty Tuesday” recipe each week that shows you how to make healthy and wholesome snacks for your pup. Check out their latest recipe, Quinoa and Pumpkin Dog Treats.
3) Tales and Tails – They are using the challenge as training to get ready for the Idita-Walk in February. The walk looks like a lot of fun and we are seriously thinking about joining them this year.
4) Terrier Torrent – They like a whole host of outdoor activities like us. They recently took us with them on an awesome kayaking trip with Manatees in Florida.
5) The World According to Garth Riley – We are glad he joined our challenge but are afraid he might find walks a little boring seeing as how he recently went paddle boarding.
6) A Novice in All Things – Charlie and his Dad are one of our newest bloggy friends that we are going to live vicariously through. They are getting ready to hike the Appalachian Trail and we are very jealous….err….excited for them.
7) Rescued Insanity – They already walk for 30 minutes or more every day. They decided to take our challenge but make it their own by trying to run 30 minutes a day instead of walk. I got the pleasure of meeting the Author at Barkworld in October. I would have never known she was an introvert if she hadn’t written about her “overwhelming” experience.
8) Puppy In Training – They are taking the challenge because this blogger is so busy training guide dog puppies that he doesn’t always get his own dogs out for a walk.
9) My Life in Blog Years – OK…so I am going to call cheaters on them a little. They live in sunny southern California where the weather is always walk inspiring (unlike where we live). Ha, ha. There is a great post on their blog about trimming dark toenails in case your need to trim your pup’s before you start walking daily (if they are too long it can be painful for your dog when they walk on a hard surface).
Some of our non-blogging friends taking the challenge include our Twitter friend Jen and blog fan Cindy.
We also got some support from of our other friends even though they are not taking the challenge themselves. PDog offered to help keep us on track with our walks when I am over visiting my Grandpa. Roxy the Traveling Dog wants to see pics of us walking. They will be able to find all of the ones we post to Twitter and Facebook easily if we use the hashtag #roxysdogwalkpicaday.
And…..TA, DA! Due to the overwhelming response to this challenge I figured I better create a badge that those participating can post on their sidebar to let others know what they are up to.
For those of you interested, you can copy and paste the image below onto your sidebar or use this code: