Well, I skipped right over the our Birthday. I have been writing about our adventures here for a little over three years now.
Over the years (and the past year especially) I have started to include more “I”s in our adventure stories instead of just the ambiguous “we” (as in the dogs, me and whoever happens to be in our party that day). I want to continue to grow a stronger voice in our story.
Some fellow pet bloggers proposed a challenge recently: For the authors of blogs to come out from behind the camera and start staying in the picture. I thought this challenge was the perfect opportunity for you to get to know me better.
So here I am……TA-DA!
My answers to some of the challenge questions
- What’s one thing you have to do every day?
Kiss my Hubby, kiss Chester and Gretel, and check my blog, Facebook and Twitter….not necessarily in that order. Yes, I know that is more than one thing.
- What makes you feel fabulous?
Hiking and other physical exercise in the outdoors!
- What do you like to do in your free time?
Hiking! Well, that and blogging, listening to music, playing with the dogs, traveling, camping, mountain biking, snowshoeing, snowboarding, keeping up with the newest outdoor adventure gadgets and gear, and spending time with friends and family.
- What one word would people who know you use to describe you?
You mean the positive one right? Ha, ha. I think it would be friendly and outgoing. Yes, again, I know that is more than one. I make my own rules 🙂
- If your pets could talk, what one word would THEY use to describe you?
Bestest…as in “the bestest dog Mom in the world”.
- What is one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of?
I fought Wildland Fires for two years. I was a crew boss in charge of 8 people for my second year. I have never physically pushed myself so hard in my life and probably never will again.
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
I generally don’t think about “changes” to things that happened in the past – the choices I made and things I did. I always try to remember that I did the best I could do then with the things I knew and was capable of. I do believe in having goals for the future and relentlessly working toward them though. One of my goals is to be able to make enough money through my social media consulting business that I don’t have to work for someone else…..and can spend more time with Chester and Gretel.
10 other little-known facts about me
- My all-time favorite outdoor clothing brand is ArcTeryx. Icebreaker or Smartwool tie for second.
- I love to plan – Life, our next adventure, etc.. Unfortunately, I am more motivated to plan than to actually DO.
- I have a degree in Geology, worked 10 years in environmental protection and education, and am currently earning my Masters in Digital Communications (inspired by this blog).
- I am older than I look.
- My favorite colors are lime green, turquoise and lavender…but together they remind me of a squashed bug. (but I DO wear them together sometimes).
- Two of my favorite musical artists ever are Ben Harper and The Crystal Method.
- I grew up on an urban farm before it was a term or cool.
- My Mom once brought home a recent college grad who was hitchhiking the country and she lived with us for a few months.
- I once completed a 40-mile mountain bike race. It was horrible. I have forgotten how horrible though and am contemplating doing it again.
- Both my head and my heart play a big role in my decision making but, in the end, my heart always wins out.
So there it is. You’ll be seeing more of my from now on….provided I can get someone to come with us on our adventures that can take photos of me with Chester and Gretel.