10 Hilarious and True Dachshund Memes That Will Totally Make Your Day
Dachshunds are unique dogs – cute and full of attitude.
If you’re a Dachshund owner, you get it because you live with them every day. So you’ll think these are funny.
If you are thinking of getting one, these cute and funny dachshund memes will give you a taste of what it will be like to have one in your life.
Either way, these memes may teach you something about the Dachshund that you didn’t know.
Also, check out my article 21 things everyone should know about a Dachshund.
See a pin you like? Click to add it to your Dachshund board on Pinterest
1) Dachshunds have feelings about everything and aren’t afraid to show it. While dogs don’t feel human emotions like “revenge”, you will definitely question this philosophy with a Dachshund.
2) Dachshunds can be little mischief makers. They always play innocent when caught though.
3) Did I mention Dachshunds are mischievous? If they’re being too quiet, you better see what they are up to because it’s probably no good.
4) Dachshunds are notorious for doing what they want more often than what you want. However, most can be bought.
5) When a Dachshund wants you up, you get up. They will be especially persistent if it’s time for breakfast. Of course, once you’re awake, they will happily go back to sleep.
6) It’s super fun to dress your small dog up in costumes. They probably won’t be impressed though. In fact, a Dachshund will often not be impressed with any of your shenanigans.
7) One of a Dachshund’s many talents is making you feel guilty with just one look. Even if what you’re doing is good for them.
8) You will do this so often it will become an automatic reflex.
9) Literally. They were bred to hunt badgers. A Dachshund takes crap from no one. (image credit: Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund)
10) Dachshunds will be the first to alert you of intruders. Sometimes blowing leaves are intruders. They will also let you know if a squirrel farts a block away.
Read More: 25 Dachshund Facts Every Owner Should Know
About the Author
Hi, I’m Jessica. I’ve been studying the Dachshund breed since 2007, owned 3 of my own, and shared in the lives of thousands of others through their owner’s stories. When I’m not sharing what I know on this blog, you can find me hiking, camping, and traveling with my adventurous wiener dogs.
woof! Woof! Golden LAUGHS! We did not know there’s a “name” on those photos. We like 2 n 3. Funny my Monday post photos are memes .. I think so. Happy Monday Mischief. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar
I may have oversimplified it a bit. I am not positive mine are Memes because I think it has to get shared a lot to be a Meme and mine haven’t been shared much I don’t think 🙂
Roooo I love the last photo so much! The look says it all *waggy tail*
Ha! Ha! I just love the Mr. Hydrant pic!
Great photos…These dawgs have ATTITUDE!
Awesome, but those guys aren’t bad. They would never do anything rotten like some of those.
Ha! Love them all! 😀
I like the sit pretty one.
They’re all pretty pawsome *wag wag wag*
I like the first one because that is exactly what Snoop will do. If he can’t find his own, he will find a litter pan. *shivers* Thankfully, no one at my house pees in shoes 😀
Oh they are well funny. BOL. Have a marvelous Monday.
Best wishes Molly
One and 3…we use ’em in both of our blogs all the time!! Keep goin’!
LOL! You can shove this hat you know where! Love it!
The last photo about the hat is my favorite. What IS a “meme” anyway? I’m seeing the word all over but cannot grasp a definition.
Love the Santa hat one. Have a great day.
A toss up between the fire hydrant and the posing for a treat…
Those are all great, but the first one is my favorite!
I always get confused w/ the word meme… I think you are right in your comment that it has to get shared. Like, the MyKala Mironi (sp?) “not impressed” photos were memes I think, but I don’t know…. I’m so out of it! I’m not up on what the hip young kids are doing! (Said in an 90-yr-old man voice…)
Anyway, I love the hat-shoving photo, but they’re all funny!
Ha ha ha! You got a few of them pretty dead on!
So hard to choose as they are all great!
Thanks for the chuckle!! They are all fab!
I can’t choose a favorite!
Lol at the first one. Better sleep with one eye open! They look like they mean business.
Dachshunds are awesome. Thanks for sharing…
I have 4 mini dachshunds and they do know how to run my home. They are awesome animals.
Oh, how I do love the way of the wienie. They can be so addictive. My home has been transformed into ,” Wienie Wonderland”.