I have this habit of getting one of everything even though I have two dogs. I guess it is usually fine because it only takes one dog to shun it or tear it up for me to tell that it was a waste of money. However, if they love it then I feel bad because one always looks sad when the other has it.
This bed falls into the latter category. They both love the bed. If Chester is sleeping in the bed, Gretel will walk up to him and stare at the bed. She will trick him out of it sometimes too.
Gretel will go into the kitchen and sit on her “I need to go out” rug and look at me. When I get up and walk into the kitchen Chester gets up and follows me. It’s usually to see if I am getting food rather than needing to go out but the point is that now he is out of the bed. As soon as he gets up, Gretel runs into the other room and climbs in the bed.
So what “special dust” does this bed have? This Bowser Buttercup Bed has a drawstring around the edge that allows you to cinch it up into a little “cup”. It creates the perfect little doxie nest. It’s also really soft.
Is there a favorite “spot” or bed at your house?
Some other things you might want to know about the bed:
- It can be opened up to lie flat
- The bed comes in two sizes. The “Large” is big enough only for a 15 lb Dachshund or so (Chester and Gretel are 12 and 10, respectively)
- The bed is also good for cats
- They come in three different fabrics: a recycled Eco-Fleece, synthetic lambswool and microfiber (we have the microfiber version).
- They are not cheap….but can you put a price on your pet’s love 🙂
I decided this bed was something we needed two of so I got another one as a Christmas gift for Chester and Gretel. I consider it for both of them because now they will both have one to lay in and no one has to feel left out or trick each other to get into it.