I have good news but a dirty little secret to go with it. The good news is that we were privileged to be given the Versatile Blogger award by Roxy the Traveling Dog the other day. The dirty secret is that Gone for a Walk gave us the versatile blogger award at the beginning of May but we have been too overwhelmed, busy and sick to put the work needed into accepting it. We want to thank both of them for thinking of us and passing the award along!
I have seen the Versatile Blogger award floating around out there but just for curiosity I tried to look of the origin of the award. I wasn’t able to find it. If you type anything about it in Google all you come up with are various sites that have won the award. I am sure the origin is buried in there somewhere near the bottom but I didn’t have time to skim through 1 million pages.
What I did find is that there is some variation on the rules of accepting the award. Both blogs who awarded me the honor said that you need to share 7 random things about yourself and then pass the award on to 15 other blogs that you enjoy reading. However, the blogs I found while attempting to research the origin varied in this number. I found that people claimed you needed to pass the award on to 5, 7 or 15 bloggers depending on which one you read.
Please don’t think us ungrateful but we are going to go the middle road and pass this award onto 7 new-found blogs we love. I could call out 15 blogs we liked but quite frankly I don’t have the time to visit each of those blogs and let them know they won the award. If you want to go with the majority though, stick with passing the award onto 15 other bloggers.
So, without further adieu, here are 7 random things about myself:
- If I have an empty space on my calendar, I will fill it. There are hundreds of things of my bucket list and I am also easily distracted by fun opportunities that come up…or anything shiny 🙂 I love being busy and doing all of these fun things but sometimes I overbook myself and it becomes overwhelming. It always takes me a few weeks to get myself out from underneath it and to feel grounded again. Don’t expect me to ever change though.
- I recently got engaged to the love of my life. I didn’t grow up dreaming of my perfect wedding to price charming and just figured it would happen if it happened. I am 37 though and had never even been proposed to so I was beginning to wonder if I WOULD ever end up getting married. I totally found the right person and am very excited to start this new chapter of my life. Speaking of too much to do….I started a blog to share my wedding planning adventures with friends , family and anyone who will listen 🙂
- I am an aspiring semi-professional photographer (like, aspiring to even be what I would consider semi professional. Ha, ha). Nature photography is my first love but I discovered I really enjoy capturing the best moments of our pets. I want to get better at it and someday, when I can afford all of the right equipment, turn pet photography into a part-time business.
- I was once a wildland firefighter. I loved the hard work, the spontaneity and the danger. I didn’t love destroying my knees and back though. I ultimately decided to give it up, albeit very reluctantly at first, to pursue a career that I went to college for.
- I grew up on an urban farm but also grew up in tract housing…they were one in the same. I just drove by my childhood home the other day and was amazed at how small the lot was. It seemed so huge when I was a kid. I don’t know how my mom managed to fit all the raised-bed gardens, a chicken coop, a dog pen, several bunny hutches, three compost bins and a duck pond on about a 1/8 acre (including the house) piece of land. I always remember that place as a paradise as a kid.
- I would love to travel the whole world and experience every culture. I have dreamt about it since I was 20. I am getting older, and my relatives I want to care for in old age are getting older, so I am starting to resign myself to the fact that it may never happen. If you are independently wealthy and want to fulfill someone’s dream by paying for the care of their relatives and covering their expenses for a round-the-world trip send me an email and I will tell you where to mail the check 🙂
- I don’t think I am very good at showing emotion, and most people who know me would probably agree, but I am a very caring sensitive person. Maybe that is why I put on such a tough act – to protect myself because if I let myself me as emotionally affected by stuff around me as I could be, I probably couldn’t function. I admit that this has led me to a place where I sometimes lament that my relationships with family and friends aren’t as close as I wish they were though.
Here are the 7 blogs we are passing the award along to:
- 3 Pups in a Pop Up
- Life With Doxies
- The Slobber Dog
- Hyperbole and a Half
- The Long and Short of it All
- Mochi – Tales of an Alaskan Klee Kai
- Miss Doxie (Parental Advisory – hilarious strong language)
I will be visiting these blogs in the next few days to let them know I passed the award onto theem.