It’s been over a month in the making but it is finally here! Welcome to our “new” blog.
It’s not entirely new.
We will still be sharing our passion for hiking and our other adventure stories.
We will still be sharing products and services we like.
We will still be talking about nutrition and keeping your dog fit.
I will still write articles like these “most popular” blog posts from the first couple of years:
- How Do You Sleep with Your Dog?
- The Best Dog Jackets for Dachshunds
- The Story of Obie the Obese Dachshund That Had Plastic Surgery
- How to Calculate How Many Calories YOU Burn When Walking Your Dog
- Our BarkBox Dog Subscription Box Review
The core of who we are hasn’t changed.
Some things ARE really different though:
- We added a logo.
- The design and layout has changed.
- Our main menu is now our post categories so you can see what we are about at a glance and find the information you are looking for quickly and easily.
- We are now on a mobile responsive theme which is technical speak for what you see on your computer, you will see when you are viewing our blog on your tablet or smartphone.
- Our email subscription is now a quasi-newsletter. If you sign up by email you will still be signing up for our RSS feed to be delivered to your inbox but the package it comes in looks a little nicer. We aspire to eventually launch a full-fledged newsletter.
Our content will change a little. Although we have touched on the issue before, we plan to make obesity, and being active with your Dachshund, a larger part of our conversation.
A lot of what we write about will come through that filter.
We are excited to take our blog to the next level in almost our third year of being.
With growth comes pains though:
- Some of the links on the new blog were broken during the switch. I will have to work over the next few months to fix them.
- Some of the pages don’t quite communicate what I want to say effectively. I am going to work to improve these pages over the next few months too.
- When we switched our email subscription provider, we may have lost a few emails in the process. If you were signed up before and stop begging our blog posts emails, you will need to re-enter your email in the subscription box on our sidebar.
I guess what I am saying is that we are an improved version of ourselves but still not perfect. A wise person once told me that perfection is a moving target anyway 🙂
I like to think of this blog as constantly evolving.
We want to thank those of you that have been with us from the beginning. We thank you for growing and changing with us over the years.
We want to thank all of our more recent readers for making time for us in your busy lives.
A big thanks goes out to every one of you who has taken time to leave a comment or share our posts with your circles. We wouldn’t still be doing this three years later if it wasn’t for you.
We would love it if you would take a moment to leave a comment below telling us what you think of the changes.