The Fuzzie fleece jacket from Teckelklub is our year-round, go-to Dachshund jacket.
We’ve had many of them over the years, not because they wear out but because they get worn (and washed) so often.
I also like having them in multiple colors.
5 Reasons I Love the Teckelklub Fleece Fuzzie
They Cover the Back
Teckelklub jackets are made to fit a Dachshund’s long body. They’re longer than most dog jackets for the same chest size.
The Fuzzie makes the list of our all-time favorite Dachshund jackets.
Although the Fuzzie doesn’t fully cover a Dachshund’s underbelly, it does partially cover it and offer some protection from cold and mud.
Easy to Put On
The Fuzzie slips over the neck and only has one piece of Velcro to close it around the chest.
While it’s quick and easy to put on, it also fits securely. I’ve never had a problem with it coming undone.
Handy to Take with You Anywhere
The Fuzzie jacket folds up small enough to tuck inside the average purse. That way you can have it on hand in case your dog needs an extra layer of warmth.
If you’re adventurous like us, you never know where life will take you and your pup.
Last for a Long Time
I’ve probably washed Summit and Gretel’s Fuzzie fleece jackets around 50 time with no pilling or them losing their shape.
Although I love buying all of the different colors, we still use the Fuzzie jackets I got several years ago.
Good Value for the Cost
In addition to the Fuzzie jackets lasting for a long time, they are better quality than many similar ones you will find in that price range (starting at $34 USD).
About the Fuzzie Fleece Dog Coat
- The jacket has pin tucks in the back so it fits close to body
- There is a 3M reflective strip on collar for added visibility
- You can have a harness hole added to the jacket at no extra cost (just call them to ask)
- You can have the jacket custom embroidered with your dog’s name
- It’s available in range of colors (my favorites have changed over the years but I’m currently digging the foxy orange, charcoal grey, and apple green)
- It comes in multiple lengths, from 6-28″ (15-71cm), and in 2″ (5 cm) increments, to fit a wide range of breeds and sizes
- The jacket can be used alone or layered under another coat for an added layer of warmth
- The jacket is designed and made in North America
- It slips slip over neck with one Velcro closure around the chest
- Teckelklub ships the jackets fast. In-stock items usually arrive within a week or less*.
*Teckelklub products are available for overseas shipping (but it will take a little longer to arrive)
You can read their about page yourself but I want to point out two things that matter to me.
First, the company has always been dedicated to designing and manufacturing their products in North America. They’ve been doing it in Canada for 20 years
Teckelclub founders believe,
“When you invest in quality, locally-made products, rather than disposable they make a big impact – less greenhouse gas emissions caused by the pollution involved with shipping from overseas, less oil used, and you’re helping to employ a local workforce rather than offshore unregulated labor. “
One thing you wont’ read on their about page, but that I can attest to because I’ve been buying their jackets and working with them for several years, is that they are good, kind people.
If you are looking for a heavier fleece jacket for your Dachshund, check out the other fleece dog coats from Teckelklub.