You Did What With Your Wiener? is first and foremost about hiking and camping with small dogs.
- Enjoy seeing the beautiful places we hike and travel to
- Learn how they can enjoy the outdoors with their own dog
- Are interested in hearing about the unique challenges and experiences of hiking with a small dog
- Discover dog-friendly places to travel with their own small dog
- Learn how to keep their dog healthy so they can continue their outdoor adventures for years to come
- Plus more!
Breaking Stereotypes Is Our Thing
We like surprising people and making a difference so underlying all of this is the theme of breaking stereotypes like:
- Only big dogs need a lot of exercise (energy level is more dependent on breed than the size of the dog)
- Small dogs belong on a lap, not at the top of a mountain (try telling that to Summit and Gretel)
- A Dog’s outdoor adventuring is over if they deal with a chronic condition that puts them at risk for re-injury (Gretel is a senior dog with a bad back. Although monitor her more closely than my young dog with no injuries, she still gets out… a lot)
- Pleasantly plump dogs are cute (No, no they are not. They’re just fat and at risk of developing weight-related health issues. It’s sad really)
About the Author
Hi, I’m Jessica!
I live and breathe everything Dachshund, hiking and camping with dogs, and blogging.
Many consider me a Dachshund expert and fanatic because:
- I’ve researched Dachshunds, and have been writing about the breed, for over 10 years
- I’ve ran Dachshund club for over 8 years so, through the stories and experiences of members, I “have experience” with hundreds of Dachshunds
- I walked and Dachshund sat (yes, only Dachshunds) for 5 years
- I’ve owned Dachshunds for over 17 years
- My Dachshunds have always been my best hiking and camping buddies (Some people probably think I’m crazy but if I can’t do it with my dogs, I pretty much don’t do it!)
I am not a veterinarian but, honestly, I know more in-depth information about Dachshund traits, characteristics, and health issues than most of them do.
I started this blog in 2010 to share what I know and help improve the lives of Dachshunds and their owners everywhere.
Note: I’m happy to share my knowledge and experience but ALWAYS recommend that you check with your veterinarian after doing your own research.
I have experience with both TV and Radio Interviews.
I’ve have been quoted as an expert on the topic of hiking and camping with small dogs, and the Dachshund breed, many times over the years.
Below are some of the highlights.
Interview: Dog Waste and the Environment – National Park Paws – December 2018
Before becoming a professional blogger, I worked in the environmental field for 10 years. A self-dubbed “dog poop queen”, I studied the impact pet waste has on the environment and all of the potential ways to manage this waste.
In this interview, I discuss how dog poop left on the trail impact the environment and the proper, and best way to dispose of it while you’re hiking.
Humarian Health Podcast – Pet Blogger Interview – June 20, 2018
Podcast Interview: I join Dr. B. to talk about miniature Dachshunds, why it’s unwise to make assumptions about the physical capabilities of a dog based on its size, hiking with small dogs, precautions to take when hiking with dogs.
TV Interview: King 5 Evening Magazine – May 2018
Adventureweiner Club in Seattle Proves Size Doesn’t Matter
“The misconception with a lot of people is that the size of the dog equates to their athletic ability or endurance, but that’s not true,” said Jessica Williams, Founder of Adventureweiner Club.
Interview: These Short-legged Hikers Lead Their Owner to New Heights – March 2017
Interview: How to Make Your Workspace Equally Comfortable for You and Your Pets – May 2017
Monthly Radio Segment: The Dog Buzz – approximately May 2013 to December 2014
I appeared on the KIRO Radio 97.9 FM show – It’s Raining Cats and Dogs with Shawn Stewart – for a feature interview segment called The Dog Buzz. I was a regular on the show for a over a year and a half.
Northwest.com – It’s Raining Cats and Dogs – May 7, 2013
Radio Interview: Big Adventures with Little Dogs
AKC Family Dog Magazine – May/June 2013
Expert Interview: Small Dogs, Big Adventures – Preparing Your Pint-Sized Dog for the Great Outdoors p.32
Wait, Don’t Go!
Have you checked out our most popular posts page?
Articles that our readers love include:
We’d appreciate it if you checked them out and shared them with your friends.
Oh, and don’t forget to keep coming back for more!
Have Any Questions?
If you’re saying “tell me more about” but can’t find and answer using the navigation menu on the home page, please send your question to me at Jessica(at)PetTalkMedia(dot)com or message me via our Facebook page.
If I don’t have the answer for you (I probably do), I will find out or point you in the direction of someone who does.