If you already know you want to work with us, please fill out THIS APPLICATION. If you want to know more, please see below.
Who We Are
You Did What With Your Wiener? (YDWWYW) is an award-winning outdoor adventure and travel lifestyle blog that focuses on being active with your small dog.
The blog features me (Jessica) and my two adventurous Dachshunds, Gretel and Summit, and highlights topic such as dog-friendly hiking, getting fit with your pup, pet health and wellness, pet-friendly travel, and reviews.
Through our stories, and thoroughly researched information, I encourage our readers to:
- Improve the lives of pets and pet parents by being more active with their small dog
- Create a healthier lifestyle for themselves and their pups
- Improve the bond with their pets
YDWWYW embraces brands, products, and services that support these goals.
YDWWYW is honored to have received several peer-voted industry awards of recognition:
- Best [Pet Blog] Branding – BlogPaws Nose to Nose
- Best Adventure Pet Blog 2017 – Outdoor Blogger Awards
- Best Dog Blog 2017 – BlogPaws Nose to Nose award
- Best Dog Blog 2015 – BlogPaws Nose to Nose award
- Best Pet Blog Design 2015 – BlogPaws Nose to Nose award
How Jessica Can Help You
One-off reviews or product features are becoming a thing of the past. The smartest brands are in search of:
- Something more memorable and engaging
- Deeper, more authentic relationships with bloggers
- Higher quality content
- Blogs promoting less products but in a more substantial way
- Creative, multi-faceted campaigns.
With an ongoing strategy lasting 3 – 12 months, a blogger’s audience is more likely to trust their recommendation, engage with the brand, and keep the product or service front-of-mind.
I (Jessica) have been blogging and building our community for 7 years, have a masters degree in digital communications, and run my own pet-centric social media consulting company – PetTalk Media. Because I am business minded, I act professionally and won’t flake on my obligations to you.
If I think your brand, product, or service is a good match for our audience, please contact Jessica for a current media kit, a no obligation 20-minute strategy session (delivered over phone or email), and custom quote.
Because these campaigns have many layers and are extremely hands-on, there are limited number of spaces available. These spaces typically fill up 3 – 6 months in advance.
Please contact us well before your planned campaign to begin working with us.
Please note, due to the amount of requests and time commitments made to paid sponsors, YDWWYW can no longer write about services or products in exchange for “free product” or “exposure”. On very rare occasions, arrangement can be made to satisfy campaign fees with an equivalent value in products or services.
Content Strategy & Social Media Consulting
Jessica’s unique education and experience with digital communications in the pet industry, and work in the environmental and outdoor industries, positions her as the perfect consultant to work with a pet-centric brand, or an outdoor brand that wants to expand into the pet-owner marketplace, to help them build a strong online community of pet owners.
Jessica can help your company and team by:
- Making sure your current blog content is optimized to attract traffic and help you reach business goals
- Providing expert blog management services and acting as a liaison between your marketing team and your writers
- Coaching you or your team – on topics such as social media best practices, in-content SEO optimization, pet industry trends and insider knowledge, etc – by condensing my 7 years of knowledge down to a few hours.
- Providing customized, regular, evergreen blog content (guest or ghost-written) so you can focus your time and effort where you shine for your business