Not to brag, but I kind of consider myself a bit of an expert on the topic of CBD for dogs.
I’m have a few “secrets” – things about me I don’t talk about often, or ever, on this blog – like:
- I went through a huge hippie stage when I was younger and wanted everything I used to be totally natural and am still inclined to go that route as my first choice
- I’ve always been fascinated by the different uses for hemp and did a lot of research about it for a college essay
- I’m a scientist – I am “scientifically minded” and have a science-based undergrad degree – so I actually like pouring over research papers
- I’ve been a bit obsessed with pet-specific CBD as a natural remedy for things like pain and anxiety, and have researched everything from the medical benefits to the legality of it. I was one of the first pet bloggers to research CBD for dogs and write about it.
Why I am I telling you this?
Because it’s important you understand that I know what I’m talking about when it comes to CBD for pets.
I know a high-quality Hemp CBD product when I see it.
Disclaimer: I’m not a veterinarian so you should check with yours if you have questions about CBD and before giving your pet a new supplement.
What Makes CBD Oil and Dog Treats from HempMy Pet the Best?
Note: some of the links below are affiliate links. This means when you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own and I only recommend things we think are really great.
I’ve been using CBD to help Gretel with anxiety for over 2 years and have tried at least 10 different brands.
One that really stood out to me was HempMy Pet.
With HempMy Pet, I saw a difference in Gretel’s anxiety after a lower dose than the others. I was able to scale back to a double dose, vs. at least triple dose in other cases, to get the calming results she needed.
Besides the CBD oil and dog treats being effective for Gretel’s anxiety, I really like HempMy Pet products because.
- They always use the same strain of hemp to ensure the same potency and consistency
- Their CBD extract is from hemp grown organically, using sustainable farming practices, in Colorado
- They have control of the entire production process from start to finish
- They ensure their carrier oils – hemp seed oil and virgin coconut oil – are the freshest of the batch
- Their full-spectrum hemp oil contains not just CBD but also CBG, CBC, CBDV and other beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids
- Their products are 3rd-party lab tested not just for potency but also for safety and purity (the lab results will be available on their website shortly).
Note: believe it or not, I also often use the coconut oil as massage oil to help with my joint pain.
Looking for a HempMy Pet Discount Code?
If you want to try HempMy Pet CBD products for your pet but were hoping to find a discount code, or coupon, first you’ve come to the right place.
You can get 10% off your entire order by clicking this link and using the code YDWWYW10 at checkout.
Note: This discount can’t be combined with any other offer.
Will CBD from HempMy Pet Work for My Dog?
I want to say definitely yes. However, I would be lying.
The truth is, CBD in general doesn’t work for every pet.
Also, different CBD extracts (used to make the oil and treats) come from different strains of hemp and, just like people, pets can respond to one strain differently than others.
What I can say is that, because HempMy Pet always uses the same strain of hemp in their products, if it works for your pet once, it should continue to do so in the future.
Disclosure: I was compensated by HempMy Pet in exchange for my time spent sharing information about CBD for dogs and about their products. I don’t accept stuff “in exchange for a review” unless I am sure I already like it because I won’t try to make something seem better than it is out of obligation. Thanks for trusting me on that.
About the Author
Hi, I’m Jessica. I’ve been studying the Dachshund breed since 2007, owned 3 of my own, and shared in the lives of thousands of others through their owner’s stories. When I’m not sharing what I know on this blog, you can find me hiking, camping, and traveling with my adventurous wiener dogs.